Thursday, March 22, 2012

I paid $4 for 24 books- SQUEE!

I've noticed something while going through bookstores both new and used.  As I've been preparing these lists for you, writing lists of books for me and my family, and studying book lists from various places I've gained a large knowledge of book titles and authors and now its easier to find books that I might not have otherwise. 

Yesterday, while I was waiting for my ultrasound appointment, my husband and I went to a thrift store.  We originally went to look for a coffee table for our "Chalkboard Table" business, but while I was there, I HAD to look for books.  {Smile}  I ended up taking out 24 books, many of them nice hardcovers, for $4.35~ what a deal!

Here's what we brought home:


Adult/Scholar Books:
Gift from the Sea by Anne Morrow Lindbergh
The Deerslayer by James Cooper
20,000 Leagues under the Sea by Jules Verne
Little Women by Louisa May Alcott (This I got because it was small.  We have 2 other hardback copies)
How to Stop Worrying and Start Living by Dale Carnegie

Sorry for it being sideways.  Thanks to the cellphone for that one.

Kid books:
Heros Don't Run
A Boy no More---both by Harry Mazer.  {We have A Boy's War also written by him}
Junie B Jones is not a Crook
Junie B Jones loves Handsome Warren
A Bargain for Frances by Hoban
Bedtime Stories for Frances by Russell Hoban
Golden Book: Old Mother Goose
Arthur's Pen Pal by Lilian Hoban
Lyddi by Katherin Paterson
The Rescuer's by Disney
Pluto Detective by Disney
Hardy Boys 1 & 2
The Incredible Journey by Burnford
Sing Down the Moon by Scott O'Dell

More soon!

1 comment:

Sherri said...

I LOVE old books from thrift stores. I usually buy them for decorating in the house. LOL GREAT finds! I love books with color binding.