Tuesday, August 26, 2008

And now a word from Kindredmamma

Well, I had to put my username because as usual there is more than one Heather. And I voraciously boycott being called Heather F. any more. My maiden name started with an F and so does my married name. So now you've had a little peak at my little pet peeve. Anyhow, a little bit about me. Yes, my name is Heather...Oh I know, I always wanted to have my name spelt "Heathyr." Perhaps I can live with that. =)

I have been married for 13 years and we have 4 kids. 7 y/o son, 6 y/o daughter, 3 y/o son, and 19 month-old son. We live in a suburb of Denver, Colorado. So we are a young family mostly in the Core phase, though my oldest is emerging into Love of Learning. We have been Homeschooling, since we pulled the oldest out of Kindergarten after 3 months. That's a long story.

How I came to TJed. Well my closest homeschooling friends "made me do it!" Well, not really. But I love being with them, and they rarely lead me astray. It just felt right in my heart. I am a big believer in listening to your mothering instinct. That and it also spiritually felt right. I still have many days of conveyor belt mentality. I struggle at times in trusting the process. Since my kids are young I do not have the experience under my belt, it is sometimes hard not to worry about the long term. So right now, I am trying to get the "you, not them" down and I actively try to find ways to inspire my children. So I am blest with a small circle of mothers whom I do a monthly Women's Colloquium. They also have some kids groups too, but my third child has a severe speech disorder and due to his therapy and therapy preschool we are not able to participate. Hopefully in two years when we take over homeschooling him, we can jump in with that. That too, is another long story.

My biggest thing is that, aside from giving them Inspiration, I am unsure of my mission. So I am trying to gain my only love of learning and scholar phase, so I hope to gain that when the time is right.
Well that is a little for now.

Kindredmamma

1 comment:

Pirate Princess said...

Hi Heather! It great to read more about you. :) Good luck on finding your mission - when you figure it out, you blink and wonder why you didn't see it there before. :D