Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The Other Heather (Heather Mommy)

I think all Heathers have a bit of a complex about their name. I can't go anywhere without meeting another one. Two of my best friends are Heathers. Sigh.

Well, here is a little about me. I knew I would homeschool before I even got married. My oldest sister took me to homeschooling conferences with her when I was in college. My sister has been my greatest influence and mentor as far as homeschooling goes. We live in the Phoenix metropolitan area and enjoy being part of a good TJED group here, AZLAF. We have two girls (5 1/2 and almost 4). We are really excited about homeschooling and are grateful that we found it at such an early stage of the game.

I love core phase. I still struggle with the me not them thing and I am not sure what my mission is either. In fact the other day my husband told me to take the day off and do something for myself and I had no idea what to do! I'll figure it out.

My husband and I have been married for 7 years. We met at BYU and both served LDS missions in France. But different missions. I love history and have my masters in European History. I sometimes teach history classes at the University of Phoenix. I love reading, movies, dancing, exercising, and trying to eat healthy.

I am excited about this blog and the opportunity that we have to talk about TJED in our homes.

No comments: